Measure the extent of the difference between a person’s reported quality of social interaction and what you, the occupational therapist, observed. Use the ACQ-SI to extend the impact of the Evaluation of Social Interaction (ESI) in your occupation-centered practice.
Administering the ACQ-SI
- Administer the ESI by observing a person engage in at least two real social exchanges with typical social partners
- Interview the person following your ESI observation using the ACQ-SI Interview Guide
- Score the ESI
- Score the 11 ACQ-SI items by comparing what the person reported during the interview with your ESI ratings
- Use the OTAP software to generate an ACQ-SI Results Report that includes an ACQ-SI discrepancy measure
- Plan interventions that account for the person’s perspective and the areas of discrepancy and/or agreement between what you observed and what the person reported