Measure the extent of the difference between a person’s reported quality of social interaction and what you, the occupational therapist, observed. Use the ACQ-SI to extend the impact of the Evaluation of Social Interaction (ESI) in your occupation-centered practice.
Administering the ACQ-SI
The ACQ-SI takes minutes to administer and score, resulting in a reliable and valid measure of the discrepancy between a person’s perspective on his or her quality of social interaction and what you, the occupational therapist, observed.
- Administer the ESI by observing a person engage in at least two real social exchanges with typical social partners
- Interview the person following your ESI observation using the ACQ-SI Interview Guide
- Score the ESI
- Score the 11 ACQ-SI items by comparing what the person reported during the interview with your ESI ratings
- Use the OTAP software to generate an ACQ-SI Results Report that includes an ACQ-SI discrepancy measure
- Plan interventions that account for the person’s perspective and the areas of discrepancy and/or agreement between what you observed and what the person reported
“Spending the extra five to ten minutes with my clients to complete the ACQ-SI as well as the ESI is proving invaluable in developing relevant occupation-focused goals with my clients. Once they begin to engage in successful and relevant interventions, they are far more willing to address some of their more challenging goals.”