Measure the extent of the difference between a person’s reported quality of ADL task performance and what you, the occupational therapist, observed. Use the ACQ-OP to extend the impact of the Assessment of Motor and Process Skills (AMPS) in your occupation-centered practice.
Administering the ACQ-OP
- Administer the AMPS by observing a person perform at least two familiar and relevant ADL tasks
- Interview the person following each ADL task performance using the ACQ-OP Interview Guide
- Score the AMPS
- Score the 11 ACQ-OP items by comparing what the person reported during the interview with your AMPS ratings
- Use the OTAP software to generate an ACQ-OP Results Report that includes an ACQ-OP discrepancy measure
- Plan interventions that account for the person’s perspective and the areas of discrepancy and/or agreement between what you observed and what the person reported