To become certified in the School AMPS:
School AMPS Course OBJECTIVES
The School AMPS course can be completed by attending a 5-day course. This course consists of 45 contact hours.
- Administer, score, and interpret the School AMPS in a valid and reliable manner
- Use the School AMPS to promote occupation-centered and client-centered practice
- Integrate the School AMPS into your occupational therapy practice
- Use School AMPS results to plan occupational therapy interventions
- Use School AMPS measures as evidence proving the effectiveness of interventions
Once you have completed a School AMPS course, the next step is to complete the rater calibration process. The rater calibration process ensures that your School AMPS results are valid and reliable. This unique process is included at no extra cost in all School AMPS certification courses.
During the rater calibration process, you will:
- Administer the School AMPS to 10 students
- Submit your data to CIOTS for analysis
- Receive detailed feedback based on your submitted data