To become certified in the ESI:
ESI Course Objectives
The ESI course can be completed by attending a 3-day course. This course consists of 26 contact hours.
- Administer, score, and interpret the ESI in a valid and reliable manner
- Use the ESI to promote occupation-centered and client-centered practice
- Integrate the ESI into your occupational therapy practice
- Use ESI results to plan occupational therapy interventions
- Use ESI measure as evidence demonstrating the effectiveness of interventions
During the rater calibration process, you will:
- Administer the ESI to 10 people
- Submit your data to CIOTS for analysis
- Receive detailed feedback based on your submitted data
Once your scoring is shown to be valid, you will receive an individualized code that unlocks powerful reports and your clients’ ESI measures based on your unique scoring severity.